The thought was triggered off by Nutty who said she wanted to be a writer. I'm thinking, most people who blog now must've aspired to become writers huh? Well at least I did when I was a kid. Unfortunately in hindsight, I'm glad no publisher came upon my manuscripts else I would've been banned from the literary world for life!!
It is quite fun reading through those registers and registers of stories though! There are some common threads.
*Each one starts off with a lot of passion....and usually ends in some bland, useless ending for the heck of ending it....and in a different ink from the one it had started off in.
*It has the most innovative names of characters. I must confess that some of them sound like spells from JK Rowling creations. Hmmm....maybe I should charge some royalty
*And they have arbit drawings of box shaped women in red mini skirts! (I think it's an expression of aspiration...I'm sure I wanted to wear one all my life....and then was blessed by this awesomely gigantic box shaped figure which can't sport a skirt- mini or long!)
Anyway, got me thinking if I were to write some books now, these are the titles they would bear
- How to find the slowest lane in peak hour and non peak hour traffic
- 101 reasons why Monday is not a good day to start a diet (Also available in the same series- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and definitely not Sunday!)
- Do Good Onto Others- By ensuring every time you open your mouth, it's only to make others look brighter in comparison
- Relatives and Where to Lose Them
- 20,000 People to avoid when at Marriageable age
- Who Moved my Remote Control
- Exercising the Right to Not exercise
- Chocolate- A Users guide to happiness....and Flab
- What Women Want- The one word summary of which reads, "Everything"
Try not to get killed in the stampede to get a copy of my books!