Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A day in the life of....... ya ya, me only!

(Warning: This post has been written after many of my friends have been sent one line mails saying I AM SO BORED!!!!!!!! )

And the truth is, I am bored. I'm bored of my worklife. I'm bored of my non existent social life. I'm bored of reading. I'm bored of TV. And I'm bored of my freaking routine!!! I'm so bored I don't know what to blog about! So I'm subjecting whichever poor soul surpasses this blog to know what my day looks like (I know you're not interested but this is MY blog and I get to talk about whatever I want! Hmph!)

I wake up at 8:25 sharp (don't ask me why!) , spend a chaotic 35 mins getting my life and my physical being in order and am out of the house by 9. I spend the next 10 mins sitting in the car adjusting the seat, opening out the side view mirrors, looking for my lost sun glasses (I find them in a new place EVERYDAY!!), taking out my handsfree, tuning to 102.6 and get ready to bang into my gate while reversing (Of late, I have been able to reverse out in one go. I should be awarded a medal for this given that the first dent in my car was by banging into my gate)

I have a 45 min drive to work in the most annoying traffic and I'm just about the most dangerous driver around (yeah yeah it was me who banged your car on MG road) and the music now sucks again on the radio (.......on a separate yet highly relevant note, someone please sue Ronan Keating for attempting Iris......). The last 10 mins of the drive, mind you, go in sincere prayers that I get parking in my office complex. It seems to me that every family in Delhi has at least one person working in my office complex. I am willing to conduct a survey on this in case someone is willing to finance it...

I spend a good day vegetating in front of my computer screen and a bad day running around getting scr***** (It's a family blog!!!) (And am not writing more about my work life just in case my boss sees this blog and doesn't promote me)

And then begins my drive home.....I call up everyone on my list. (That handsfree phone is a BAD BAD idea. First the expensive phone, now the expensive bills. I have no salary left! Not like I had any before this goddamn (oops sorry...family blog and all) phone was bought but it just means lesser money to spend on edibles)

I get home at 8ish (could be good by your standards but by mine it sucks) and plonk myself in front of the TV. My mum subjects me to every possible saans bahu serial till 10 coz I refuse to go to the other room to watch Ross and Rachel. Post 10 is the only sunshine in my life (currently). Big Boss!!!! Am highly doubtful it's a real reality show........but CANNOT imagine being stuck in a houseful of strangers away from my family. The hostel was bad enough and that was when we had individual rooms! Girls are anyway so messy. Imagine having make up and towels lying around all over the place! ughhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Anyway, pl excuse this post. It's due to sheer boredom and lack of sleep (My bed has been creaking so much every time I toss and turn........and because it creaks I toss and turn........ so basically it's one vicious cycle ........either it's time to lose weight or to change my bed. I'm hoping it's the latter)

I most certainly lead the most boring life ever. Right down to the fact that I'm writing a boring blog now.

I wonder how Prince Williams day goes. Wake up whenever. Bathe whenever. Get out whenever. Pose for some pictures. Shake some hands. Hmmmm.......

I told you I don't know how to end blogs!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lovely Cousin!!

True true - ronan keating must be flogged!!!!!!

Also ,your life can't be all the bad ..you work for a company that makes kurkure!!!!!!!! Please tell me that is motivation enough to drive all the way to work each day knowing that world sees new flavours of kurkure in the future....it certainly compares to the work batman does!or superman!!or the doodhwala actually!:)

Please dont say anything about BIGG BOSS. I am a devout fan of reality tv. i dunt think anything is manipulated and I believe the editors at work are ethical. Also I believe kashmira needs the boot. Bitching is something we are anyway experts at. Do not need any intensive training sessions on television!

Keep the random blogging going!!

the vestige said...

kya baat kar rahi hai!... too bored to comment...spent my day in faridabad...listening to a pompous guy so full of himself( thts a circular argument)...watching him dilligently sign 400 odd pages in front of me... trust me boredom can be a bliss

Anonymous said...

i wasn't sent the ..i am so bored.. one liner...hmph!!! i thought i was a friend...hmph!!!

and how can u b bored of prime time tv... !! so u are one of the last ppl i know to get cable.. but u have it now.. use it...!!!..

y again were u considering not puttin this post up...?.. pls to not think like that and pls to be puttin up everythin u write...!!
arbit or not.. just blog away...some of us depend on ur comment space for our literary release (aka gibberish )... hahahah...

p.s. i don't care enuff 2 actually vote her out.. but i too think kashmira deserves the boot..!!

Anonymous said...

bigg boss is a complete revelation. its almost like why the hell didnt anyone think of it before. it panders to the closet voyuer in every indian...and man i'm proud to say am one too. i keep looking at the calenders of various ppl at work just for kicks. and kash...oh dear....she takes "bitchy" to new heights. the only good that can come of she being around is the cleavage totting clothes...oops family blog and all..

IR said...

ever wonder how prince william's day blog would read like:

got up ,
posed ,
ran from paparazzi,
blamed dad for killing mom(that is cruel i know),
decided to join army,it seem s i am the best since i keep winning(wonder why?) .....

Giscard said...

Lol, thanks for writing Zarreen. Been good fun reading your recent posts.

Zee said...

Lovely cousin, glad u understand my view on ronan keating. and yes will vote for "kashmera". u better get her spelling right for ur vote to count dude!!!

vestige, thanks for commenting despite being too bored to comment! after our "flip....sign" chat i truly believe u're as bored as i am!

nimrata, yes yes i will keep blogging. but the utter nonsense is bound to get to u someday! don't say i didn't warn u

beanpole, thanks for realising it's a family blog....a bit too late....but what the heck! of course we are all nosey........and i have quite a rep for it don't i? :)

ir, hahahaha! i loved the "blamed dad for killing mum" bit! hahahahaha! should be included in the main post!

giscard, thanks man! glad my boring life can lighten up someone else's boring life! :)

Abhi said...

Uee ma , dont even start on ending blogs . I can give my eyebrows and left kidney ( ek to rakhunga na bhai )to the guy who teaches me to do that .And aapki life boring ho sakti hain , but uske baare mein sunna boring nahi tha .

- The guy you dont know and is not funny

Anonymous said...

http://www.hindu.com/mag/2006/11/26/stories/2006112600080300.htm

interesting take on reality tv in india...worth a read..

Zee said...

the guy i don't know but IS funny....i think the best way to end blogs is to say "i don't know how to end blogs".....u can keep ur kidneys thank u...free advice

beanpole...cool article! sorry about kashmera though! :)

Still Searching said...

Not a boring read though!

Neo said...

let's totally kill ronan keating for attempting iris... no, wait, for thinking that he could even get in the same vicinity as iris...

and while we're at it, let's kill boyzone for trying tracy chapman's "can i hold you tonight" (isn't that ronan keating too!), and "when the going gets tough" (keating again) and "loving each day"... wait, i think that's an original... oh well, let's kill it anyway!

Bullshee said...

I'm trying to think of something vividly clever to comment about this post, but the ol' grey cells fail me....so....here's my lame effort....

Um....er....uh...Great post!(really it was :) )

Exhausted from mental exertion, I retire to surfin' Youtube for 'Banned Commercials'